The film is immediately processed and available to view, whereas film takes time to be developed. Less radiation needed to produce the same quality image as film (digital X-rays gives 70% less exposure to radiation than conventional X-rays).
You can enhance the digital image (such as alter brightness and contrast) with a series of processing techniques:
- Digital archiving—the ability to store images on a computer
- Digital radiography produces larger photos to better source hard-to-see cavities
- Digital radiography, though expensive to buy initially, is cheaper and more environmentally friendly in the long run
Grey-scale of digital dental x rays unit for sale offer 256 shades of grey versus 16-25 shades in conventional radiography. Particular benefits of digital radiography for the dentist’s office include improved comfort of intra-oral (photos taken inside the mouth) X-rays, performed by intra-oral dental assistants, and less cranial exposure to radiation. Digital images are also easily stored on a computer and can be transferred to different dentists or orthodontists for referrals. Despite this, there are still certain benefits offered by film radiography, which is why so many dentist offices maintain their older machines.
Benefits of Film Radiography
- Offers excellent picture quality
- Most dentists’ office are still equipped with conventional radiography equipment, which is perfectly usable and saves money to not change
- Film sensors are less thick and rigid than digital sensors, thus offering the patient better comfort when the X-ray sensors go into their mouths
- There is no extra training required to use conventional X-ray machines, as it is standard in most dental offices.
- Unlike digital X-ray sensors which must use plastic disinfectant covers, conventional film sensors can withstand heat sterilization
Film X-ray photos cannot be altered, whereas digital ones can. Possibility of alteration exposes digital radiography to fraudulent use and legal issues. Digital radiography is still slowly being adapted by dentist offices, but a greater change may soon be coming, with much dental hygienist training teaching the digital process.our dentist equipment for sale ensures that images will be readily available, allowing professionals to streamline the process. The Scan exam provides professionals with the intraoral diagnostic images that they require in seconds – an unprecedented level of speed and clarity. Image settings are predetermined to allow for a smooth and facile process but also remain adjustable to accommodate customized setting preferences. To save you time, money and provide continuity, our imaging plates are designed for repeated use, guaranteeing superior image quality every time.